Altogen Services PR and Consulting department couples scientific expertise with a keen understanding of the global life science marketplace. Our staff consists of scientists with extensive research background, legal and business processes consultants, product developing experts, and innovative marketing specialists. For each consulting engagement we select a team of professionals whose expertise specifically applies to the project objectives.
Two main areas of service that we are most frequently turned to are DEVELOPMENT and FINANCING.
DEVELOPMENT includes forming an internationally visible company, reshaping the research outputs into the ready-to-sell merchandise, long-term strategic decisions, effective collaborations, and marketing techniques. FINANCING the entity is essential at the formation stage as well as a part of entity’s growth. We help compare the options and connect our clients with the best-suited funding source.
Making an outstanding contribution to the life science, our clients can use other professional’s expertise as a portal between the idea generation and implementation. The first step is establishing a business unit in the U.S. marketplace. We help the customer move through the stages of formation by applying our field knowledge of research outputs combined with legal expertise and proximity to the regulating authorities. The examples of the tasks in this area are:
• Proposing a legal name for the company to be formed in conjunction with the existing brands registered in the U.S. and availability.
• Creating a brand development package that includes logo, company’s business statement and objectives
• Proposing a form of business and a consequent legal registration of the entity
• Providing a portal for correspondence in the U.S.
Finding the appropriate media, shape, and design of the product is a step where team of research managers and product developers combine their efforts to create a solution for the customer’s research commercialization goals. This step includes market research for similar products and the feasibility analysis of production requirements. The examples of the tasks in the merchandise creation area are:
• Assisting with the patent application
• Market overview report of the applications of the similar to the customer’s research outputs
• Proposing the merchandise generation package that includes the description of the potential product specifications, the list of the required manufacturing resources with estimated product costs
Office logistics, staffing, telecommunication and web portals, short-term and long-term goals and profit expectations, market trends and many other elements of managing expectations and strategic planning are our area of expertise. The examples of the tasks are:
• Proposing the strategy for equipment acquisition or rent based on funding sources and long-term objectives
• Initiation and management of research collaborations
• Proposing the best industry practice performance measures as a part of planning process
The market of biotechnology products and services is highly sensitive to the reliability of the service providers and often cannot be approached with general marketing tools. Our marketing staff can help with the following tasks:
• Developing short-term and long-term marketing strategies
• Proposing innovative marketing solutions through the web and other media
• Composing and distribution of the press releases and news
At any point of the entity’s life cycle funding availability plays a key role. We offer an information support and connection services to our customers. Starting capital decisions, venture capital opportunities and grant application prospects are our main focuses.
At the company formation stage any decision is a big decision. Our staff offers consulting services for starting capital decision making, advertisement costs, vendor selection, and other risks management.
Strategic business consulting for new ventures is one of our focuses. We strive to offer strategic business advice that adds expert business knowledge to superior technical understanding. We can help at different stages of startup creation - from idea to business plans, venture capital funding, team building, IP portfolio management, and participation in the funding process. Our main goal is to create value for our clients.
We recommend to many of our life science companies to at least consider innovative research grants as a funding option. Certain funding sources (for example, SBIR/STTR grants) are meant to foster innovation.